Rube Goldberg Machine

The concept of this project was to use Newtons 3 Laws and differemt kinids of energy in 12 or more steps to do complete one simple task. To make our machine work we had to make sure that one step would affect another step and make sure we used a variety of laws and energy.

Our strengths were we used a big variety of different kinds of energy and we were fast when it came to problem solving. Our weaknesses was that our machine needed to be set up outside and it was winter so it was freezing. I would of thought of steps that would of expanded our machine to be bigger in area coverage if I had to do it over it again.

This was similar to other work we have done ecause gravity was often a step included in many of our class’s machines, like in our egg drop project. It is different becasue I have never had to think of so many ideas for one project. I can apply this to other situations because almost everything that moves or functions has something to do with some type of energy or one of the 3 laws.

Setting up the machine

Setting up the machine

The drawing board of planning the machine